Chrome OS is not probably the most option-rich working system, however there are some things you are able to do to get your Chromebook desktop to look and work the best way you need.
Customize Chromebook Wallpaper
First, let’s work on the essential look of your desktop.
- Right-click wherever on your Chromebook desktop and Set wallpaper From the displayed menu.
- Click one among Google’s classes to see a collection of preset pictures[マイ画像]Click Options to choose a picture from your personal native storage.
- If you need to change the wallpaper to a brand new picture on daily basis, click on[[Change daily A button at the top of Google’s category page. (Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for your images.)
Customize your browser background
You can also personalize the page that appears each time you open a new tab in your browser.
- Open a new tab in Chrome and click[Customize Chrome A button (or pencil icon) in the lower right corner of your browser.
- select Background Whether to select an image from Google’s collection Upload from device To select an image from your local storage, follow the prompts to find and confirm the image you want.
- select Colors and themes Change the appearance of the browser border and its background. You can choose from a number of preset themes or click on the circle with the eyedropper icon to choose a custom color.
Customize Chromebook shelves
Last but not least, it controls the Chrome OS shelf (a row of dock-like shortcuts at the bottom of the screen). Start by selecting the exact icon that will appear in that area.
- Open the app drawer (click the circle icon in the lower left corner of the screen, then click the up arrow on some of the drawers that appears). Right-click on any item in the list and Fixed to the shelf..
- If you want to add a website, open the site, click the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner of Chrome, and then click[Other toolsfollowed by Create a shortcut..
If you want to open your site in an app-like window without displaying the regular browser elements above, click[[Open as a window Options Create a shortcut? A pop-up window that appears.Then click blue create button.
- Drag and drop any of the icons in the shelf to reposition it.
- After all, did you decide you didn’t want to put the icon on the shelf? Right click on the icon Release the lock..
And the last possible pair: If you want the shelf to appear on the left or right side instead of at the bottom of the screen, right-click anywhere in the shelf and Shelf positionThen select left Also right.. Also, if you want to leave the shelf hidden by default so that it only appears when you hover your mouse over it, right-click on the shelf and Automatically hide shelves option.
May 27, 2022 9:30 am Updated to ET: This article was originally published on October 12, 2019 and has been updated with minor OS changes in mind.