In February, Nintendo and Mercury Steam announced Metroid Dread The switch receives two new updates.
The first update to add “Dread” and “Rookie” modes was released on the same day as the announcement, and the second update was finally released-adding Boss Rush mode.
There are also several modes, such as Survival Rush and Dread Rush. Last but not least, there are some common fixes. The following is an official patch note courtesy of Nintendo’s official support page.
Ver. 2.1.0 (released April 7, 2022)
A new mode has been added
Three different boss rush modes have been added to the game. Press the R button on the “Samus Files” screen to move to the Boss Rush selection screen.
- A mode in which the player fights 12 consecutive boss battles and aims for the best time.
- The damage received will be carried over to the next battle. Weapons are fully restored between battles.
- If Samus is defeated, the player can select “Retry” to continue playing from the start of the losing battle. However, there is a time penalty for defeat.
- Boss fighting in Boss Rush can always fight one-on-one by selecting “Practice”.
* Clear the main game once to unlock it. (If the player completes the game before the update is released, they will be able to play the boss rush immediately after the update).
- The basic rules are the same as for Boss Rush, but when Samus is attacked by the boss, the energy becomes zero and he is defeated.
- Bosses who fought in the dread rush can always fight one-on-one by selecting “Practice”.
* Unlock by clearing the main game using dread mode. (If a player completes dread mode before the update is released, they will be able to play the dread rush immediately after the update).
- Fixed an error where the game over screen would not display correctly when Samus was damaged and killed immediately after destroying the central unit.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Did you notice anything else? Please leave a comment below.